9 Myths About Wireless
9 Myths About Wi-Fi
Is your network provider telling you any of these things?
- Access point in every classroom/room?
- Switch upgrade required?
- Keeping client’ smartphones off the network improves Wi-Fi performance
Fact: Campus-Wide Wi-Fi Builds Stronger Minds
Before you make a long-term investment in your Wi-Fi infrastructure,
let Ruckus tell you the real story. Not only will it help you ask the tough questions,
you’ll understand why leading schools/hotels/hospitals rely on Ruckus Wireless for their Wi-Fi infrastructure.
• Myth #1: You need to upgrade switches if you are going to upgrade Wi-Fi
• Myth #2: One AP per classroom/room provides optimal performance
• Myth #3: APs need to be mounted inside classroom
• Myth #4: Wave 2 APs won’t help without wave 2 client devices
• Myth #5: Keeping clients’ smart phones off the network improves Wi-Fi performance
• Myth #6: Wi-Fi is the weakest link in your IT security
• Myth #7: Upgraded PoE is needed when upgrading APs
• Myth #8: Increasing AP transmit power also increases coverage
• Myth #9: Band-selectable AP radios improve performance